My child has sensory and/or physical needs
This page covers students who have difficulties with:
- Gross motor co-ordination
- Fine motor co-ordination
- Self-organisation for daily living
- It includes conditions such as cerebral palsy, physical injury, dyspraxia
NB Please see communication and interaction section for sensory issues relating to ASD/Asperger Syndrome.
What does Corbridge Middle School have to offer?
All students at Corbridge can access
- Quality First teaching with appropriate differentiation (including best SEN practice)
- Visual aids to support key vocabulary, concepts and themes.
- School adheres to guidelines on physical access.
- Access to lunchtime homework club where staff will help your child to organise or complete their homework.
- Access to assessment for identification of significant needs.
Targeted support for small groups may include
- Medical Care Plans.
- Handwriting /fine motor/keyboard skills training.
- Blocks of 1:1 or small group interventions that focus on improving balance and coordination
- Group discussions and information giving from school nurse.
- Access to assistive technology, software, audio digital books and IPad applications.
- Access to learning support assistant.
Support for individual students may include
- Pupil profile created to inform and advise staff on most appropriate strategies to use.
- Personalised support plans.
- 1:1 Outside Agency support from Specialist Advisory Teachers.
- Specialist equipment and materials, such as low vision aids and enlarged adapted resources.
- Supervision for daily sensory exercises
- Targeted LSA for complex medical needs, including practical support.
- SATS Access Arrangements.
*Please note: These options need to be agreed upon for each student in conjunction with parents/carers and then regularly reviewed/modified